Location : City of London
Post Date : 14 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 466081
Line of Business : Financial Services
ROBERT HALF FINANCIAL SERVICES ARE RECRUITING FOR A NEWLY QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT TO JOIN A GROWING GLOBAL ASSET MANAGEMENT FIRM BASED IN THE CITY OF LONDON
Sitting in the Private Finance team, this role reports into the Head of the department, joining a team of 4 other qualified accountants.
About the firm
This leveraged loan and fixed income fund manager in Europe has circa €17bn AUM" across several investment vehicles, namely open ended NAV funds, CLO's, mezzanine funds, closed ended direct lending funds and specific managed accounts. There are 500 staff based in London.
Why has this role come about?
With the recently launched Direct Lending Platform initiative gaining strong global interest, an opportunity has arisen within the Investment Services team based in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for the monitoring and oversight of various direct lending fund structures including a Luxembourg SICAV (SIF) platform comprising of co-mingled funds and dedicated segregated funds, liaising extensively with the external administrators & service providers on the daily, weekly and monthly processes and controls to ensure smooth delivery across the various sub funds.
Job responsibilities include;
- Ensure smooth running of the various sub funds with monthly NAVs, co-ordinating internal resources to correspond/reconcile external third party information.
- Daily cash management and co-ordinating drawings on the credit facility as well as interacting with portfolio managers on investor drawdowns etc.
- Fund budgeting and expense monitoring including management fee process, overseeing global outsourced process.
- Updating internal models to compare fund administrator reports, prior to external distribution.
- Maintain regular flow data for effective portfolio management by Portfolio Managers.(eg IRR calculations)
- Preparation of monthly performance information, in order to help senior management analyse, attribute & comment on fund performance.
- Review of quarterly distribution calculations to investors, including the calculation of management fees, payment of expenses and interest payments to the note holders.
The desired candidate will
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions across the organisation.
- Experience of working in fund management with private equity style experience of the day to day responsibility of a number of funds; and
- Advanced Excel including vlookups, pivot tables and if statements.
- A basic salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus a discretionary annual performance bonus, expected 20-30% in year 1.
- 18% non-contributory pension and life assurance scheme with company contributions on basic salary.
- Private Health cover.
- Access to company gym
- 25 days annual holiday.
- Season ticket loan and study package available.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
32 London Bridge Street
SE1 9SG London