Hedge Fund Operations
GBP35000 - 45000 / annum
City of London
Robert Half Financial Services are currently recruiting for an Operations Analyst to join a boutique Fund Manager based in the West End. You will be working alongside the Head of Operations covering the full trade life cycle.
- Manage proactively the lifecycle of the transactions initiated by our trader for a smooth settlement
- Reconcile cash, positions, market values and transactions for all funds and separately managed accounts
- Liaise with custodians and brokers to solve settlement issues
- Cash management on funds and separately managed accounts
- Process corporate actions for all fund and mandates
- Accruals monitoring and booking when applicable
- Monitor price feeds and reconcile to external sources
- Maintain high STP rate and propose process enhancements when applicable
Handle derivatives related matters
- Book and reconcile P/L and margin account movements against custodians and Prime Brokers
- Recalculate custodian/Prime Broker margin movements
1st level compliance and risk
- Monitor guideline breaches on trading system
- Monitor resolution of guidelines breaks
Month end checks and portfolio processing
- Prepare liquidity reports
- Prepare month end client reporting to clients/fund admin
- Reconcile performance data between internal and external sources
- Process swap resets
- Reconcile and resolve outstanding breaks
- Computation of monthly VAR for funds and managed accounts
Handle other Ops related matters and support other staff members
- On boarding from an ops perspective of new clients/funds
- On boarding of new accounts, brokers and custodians
- Handling of ad hoc ops related requests from other staff members
- We view this position as an excellent prospect for someone to further his or her career in the investment business.
- Must be a graduate with degree honours of 2.1 or higher from a good university and 1-2 years experience in investment operations.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be attractive and will depend on the individual. A bonus is paid to reflect company performance and personal contribution. Additional benefits include pension and private health care schemes.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.