Location : City of London
Post Date : 03 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 468114
Line of Business : Financial Services
Robert Half Financial Services is currently recruiting for an established hedge fund manager based in the City of London, who are seeking a Operations Analyst on a permanent contract, with immediate effect.
Robert Half Financial Services is recruiting for an established hedge fund manager based in the CIty of London. The Successful candidate must be a 2:1 Graduate who has a good understanding of exchange traded futures and spot/forward foreign exchange (FX) contracts. Valuation of portfolios and preparation of NAVs. The successful candidate will work in a small team responsible for the middle and back-office operations and will have exposure to all areas of the business.
The role has an element of project work where the candidate can develop their understanding and knowledge to contribute to business initiatives.
1. Monitoring all transactions are properly booked to our internal systems
2. Reconciliation of trades, positions and cash with clearers and custodians
3. Resolution of trade and position breaks
4. Valuation of portfolios and preparation of NAVs
5. Co-ordination of cash and collateral movements
6. Performance attribution
7. Risk reporting
8. Liaison with trading counterparties and administrators.
As a minimum the successful candidate will have:
1. Must have a strong degree (2:1 or better), from a reputable university in a numerate subject.
2. At least 2 years relevant middle / back office experience at an investment bank, fund manager or administrator. Whilst working as an intern or working part time when studying at university is a positive, we will not count such positions towards this minimum experience.
3. Strong analytical skills
4. A very keen eye for detail
5. Advanced Excel skills.
£25,000 - £40,000
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
32 London Bridge Street
SE1 9SG London