Senior Uk Equity Settlements:Safe Custody Technician
Location : City of London
Post Date : 22 February 2017
Employment Type : Temporary
Job Order Number : 468632
Line of Business : Financial Services
Robert Half Financial Services are currently representing a City based Brokerage to hire someone with UK & International Equity Operations Analyst to work within a 9-month temporary contract.
The chosen candidate must have strong working knowledge of Equity Settlements using Crest.
Our client has recently won a piece of business to be Safe Custodian for a large Pension fund. The role is looking for a highly experienced UK Equity Operations Analyst to help set-up the new Operations processes, working closely with the Operations Managers and other team member and doing the Settlements too.
There is a potential for the role to go permanent after the 9-month period too.
- Member of an Operations team responsible for Safe Custody tasks as defined below
- To ensure day-to-day responsibilities are undertaken in a timely fashion and that the area is covered at all times. Ownership of procedures related to all daily tasks and input into future development of the area
- Within this role there will also be a requirement to cross-train throughout the area to ensure the necessary cover is in place
- Oversight of Safe Custody section
- Settlement of dematerialised UK and non-UK custody movements
- Management and settlement of physical securities
- Point of contact for client communications and drive customer excellence
- Maintain static data related to Custody accounts
- Ensure ongoing statementing of client positions
- Responsibility for compliance with FCA CASS rules
- SDRT/Stamp Duty compliance
- Input into related procedures
- Liaison with Front Office / Counterparts / Other Operational Areas as required
- Other operational tasks / duties designated at manager's discretion
- Participate in cross training within Operations
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings
- Awareness of the co's internal policies
- Ensure any administrative tasks, within the area, are undertaken as required (i.e. archiving, distribution of post, collection of faxes, filing etc.) in a timely and efficient manner.
Achievement Orientation - Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organisation's standards
Adaptability - Adapting in order to work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations, and with diverse individuals and groups
Analytical Thinking - Analysing and assimilating information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making
Business Perspective - Using an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance
Client Focus - Providing service excellence to internal and/or external clients
Critical Judgment - Evaluating ideas and information while referring to objective criteria to reach rational conclusion
Developing Others - Fostering employee development by providing a supportive learning environment
Impact and Influence - Influencing and gaining others' support
Interactive Communication - Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication.
Legislation, Policies, Procedures and Standards - Understanding and using relevant legislation, policies, procedures and/or standards in performing one's work
Relationship Building - Establishing, sustaining and fostering professional contact to build, enhance and connect networks for work purposes
Strategic Thinking - Understanding and processes complex information and exercises sound judgment, considering the situation, the issue, the key players, and levels of authority involved. Proposes course of action that further the objectives, prioritises and vision of organisation
Teamwork - working collaboratively with others to achieve organisational goals
Work Ethics and Values - Demonstrating and supporting the organisations ethics and values
Commission, brokerage rules/ Confirmation rules / Client lists / Instrument set up.
Between £200 per day- £300 per day, dependent upon experience.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
32 London Bridge Street
SE1 9SG London