Post Date : 15 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 0009929618
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is currently working in partnership with PallEx to recruit their new Financial Controller
Robert Half is currently working in partnership with PallEx to recruit their new Financial Controller. Based in Coalville, Leicestershire this senior finance role will see someone join the company in a period of extensive growth, and positive business change.
This role has been created following a period of internal reorganisation within the group - it will see someone taking control of a finance staff of 12 while reporting into, and working closely with the Finance Director.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Management, training and development of the finance team
- Review of the management accounts, adding commercial insight
- Improving the efficiency of all financial reporting
- Liaison with auditors, and support in preparation of statutory accounts
- Weekly flash reporting
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with external banking partners
- Project work in relation to bids and tenders
- Consistently work towards improving processes and systems
The right person for this role will be a Qualified Accountant with extensive experience in managing finance teams. Some of the key skills and experiences you will bring to the role are:
- Experience of implementing and delivering change in a finance function
- Track-Record of hiring, training and developing a team
- Technically astute with an impeccable eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels
- Be able to influence and communicate effectively
PallEx is a growing network actively developing its systems to support a truly pan-European network.
There are upwards of 90 UK members whose pallets pass through the PallEx hub at a rate approaching 10,000 per night. The UK network is supplemented by their overseas operations in 8 countries dealing with similar volumes.
What's on Offer?
The salary on offer for this role will be based upon the experience level of the applicant.
What PallEx can offer is a truly rewarding career that will see you get exposure across all areas of a finance department, taking a true leadership role. You will gain experience of growing a finance function, improving processes / systems and adding real value to the operation of an international business.
Please get in touch now for immediate consideration.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Barnsdale Way, Grove Park, Enderby,
LE19 1SN Leicester