£40,000.00 - £45,000.00 / annum
16th September 2019
Robert Half are partnering with a division of a large PLC based in Coventry. This Software House provides a Multi-Channel business system to companies in the B2B or B2C space. The business are now in need of a new Database and Hosting Manager, to be responsible for all technical areas of the system.
- All databases involved in providing the system
- The hosting of the system
- Associated networking and technical issues involved in providing the system
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the databases
- Installing new versions / upgrades of the databases.
- Installing new instances of the databases as per customer requirements.
- Responsible for the day to day installation and support of all operating systems.
- Responsible for the operating systems such as VM/Ware, Redhat Linux, together with packages including Apache, NGINX and PHP.
- Ensuring that all operating systems are up-to-date and secure.
- Full responsibility for all hosting contracts and activity
- Liaison with the hosting company to ensure that all hosting activity is controlled.
- Ensuring that full backups and disaster recovery features are maintained.
- Creation and maintenance of networking facilities within the hosted environment.
- Provision of secure VPNs to customer sites.
- Provision and maintenance of secure firewalls to protect customer web sites and systems.
- Maintaining full documentation of the network and security features.
- A relevant degree and at least 5 years' experience of providing technical support
- Experience working in/with an IT / Software House
- Knowledge of the UNIX operating system
- Experience of setting up a virtual server environment using VM/Ware
- Strong networking knowledge
- Experience of Cisco firewalls
- Problem solving ability is a must
- Full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Salary: Rang between £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + pension + health insurance etc.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
gb 0121 616 4600