GBP70000 - 80000 / annum
May 16, 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are delighted to be exclusively recruiting for a qualified Finance leader to join the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board at their HQ in Warwickshire. The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) is a statutory levy board, funded by farmers, growers and others in the supply chain and managed as an independent organisation (independent of both commercial industry and of Government).
This is an ideal opportunity for an experience FC/FM looking for their first step into an FD position, however those with previous FD experience will also be of interest.
As a member of the senior team reporting to the Chief Finance and Operations Officer, the post holder will develop and be responsible for all operational elements of finance ranging from tax, treasury and technical accounting through to budgeting, forecasting and business partnering.
Responsibilities to include:
- Contributes to the strategic direction of AHDB supporting growth, improved competitiveness and sustainability and development in the industry
- Drives a performance culture that aspires to superior services in comparison to other UK and global organisations
- Supports evaluation and metrics programmes that prove our effectiveness
- Leads collaborative and shared learning across AHDB, driving functional working to deliver a joined up approach as one organisation
- Leading innovative approaches that differentiate our services and deliver real measurable results for levy payers
- Supports the development of a culture of continuous improvement and learning for the AHDB
- To ensure the procurement of goods and services are in accordance with AHDB procurement policy
- Ensure that the AHDB internal controls are operating to the satisfaction of AHDB's statutory auditors, Defra and AHDB's internal auditors
- Contribute, as a member of the Senior Team, to the strategic direction of AHDB and to the development of its Corporate Plan and Annual Business Plan to ensure it provides necessary and efficient services to all levy payers and stakeholders
- Lead the development of a suite of key performance indicators that monitor the financial performance of AHDB
- Lead on all corporate and group related finance matters - statutory accounts, financial reporting, treasury, taxation, insurances, company secretarial matters
- Lead the budgeting and planning process
- Ensure the accurate preparation of all financial statements for AHDB and associated companies, including all statutory accounts, returns, Defra requirements, and monthly management accounts
- Responsible for the delivery of projects reviewing and developing the operating systems and structure of AHDB delivering improvements in efficiency and quality of service
- Development of business wide financial controls and appropriate corporate governance procedures
- Manage the day to day audit relationship across AHDB and subsidiaries and liaise with external advisors on tax and treasury
- Support the CFOO / lead on key initiatives such as restructuring, M&A projects and systems implementation projects, including with modelling, investment appraisal, and financial forecasting.
- Responsible for Corporation Tax, PAYE and VAT returns
- Develop and maintain high quality management information reporting
- Responsible for building and overseeing the delivery of AHDB training in all matters financial
- Manage the relationship with AHDB banking partners, and responsible for managing the cashflow of AHDB
- Responsible for the day to day running of the group finance function, including direct management of staff and plan all Finance related activities
- Assist the CFOO with development of the finance and related functions and business systems across AHDB, including investigating and evaluating opportunities for improvements in efficiency and delivery of services
- Ensure we have robust process for approval of grant funding submissions and capital spend approval.
Candidates wishing to apply for this role must hold a recognised Accounting Qualification, have significant management experience, and be highly computer literate. You will be able to demonstrate experience in leading business change, ideally within a public sector/NFP environment.
Salary & Benefits
We are looking at offering an very competitive salary package, with a comprehensive benefits package. For further details please contact Laura Key on 0121 616 4600
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement