£90,000.00 - £120,000.00 / annum
13th September 2019
Robert Half Technology are partnering with a leading Service Business based in the West Midlands. We are looking for appoint a Head of IT Technical Operations.
Responsible for the delivery and provision of Service Monitoring, Capacity Planning and ongoing technical support to the Production, Test and Development environments. Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity oversight and control will also form part of the remit. This is a high profile role, within a large IT department.
- Formulate, communicate and implement a strategically aligned IT Technical Operations strategy.
- Lead, implement and influence IT Technical Operations governance aligned with recognised Industry best practice, including ITIL Service Design, Service Continuity and Security and appropriate ISO standards.
- Lead, build and develop the IT Technical Operations team capability and performance using effective mechanisms, methodologies, practices and processes.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop direct reports so that they know what is expected, are able to maximise their contribution to business objectives and realise their potential.
- Lead, shape and govern the continued extension of the Service Monitoring capability to the production estate.
- Lead, shape and govern adherence to IT Service Continuity best practice to ensure IT Service is delivered in line with business expectation and is suitably robust against critical incidents and events.
- Lead, govern and influence the development, monitoring and evaluation of IT Technical Operations Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and departmental plans.
- Establish and grow effective relationships with Senior Management across the organisation and third parties to facilitate, direct and influence the effective delivery of IT Technical Operations objectives.
- Successful experience of operating at a senior level within an IT environment.
- Extensive leadership experience in a large complex, service environment
- In depth demonstrable experience of effective stakeholder and relationship management at senior or board level
- Experience of budget management
- Deep market knowledge in two or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service and communication with a broad knowledge across all IT categories
- Relevant IT professional or academic qualification at degree level or equivalent.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation
- Sound and broad knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
Salary: Banding between £90,000 and £120,000 + bens
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
gb 0121 616 4600