£70,000.00 - £80,000.00 / annum
17th July 2019
Robert Half Technology have been given a mandate to recruit a Principal Architect for a market leader within their industry, whose brand is recognised across the world. Our client, based near Coventry, is going through a major digital transformation and working on next generation products.
Key Responsibilities of the Principal Architect:
The role of the Principal Architect is to lead and develop an in-house team of solutions architects that will design and deliver IT software solutions that support and drive the growth of the UK's business.
- Ensure the design of high quality software solutions that satisfy documented business requirements for IT projects of varying size and complexity to defined standards, architectural principles and best practice.
- Assist in creation of Design patterns and standards and ensure they are well documented
- Ensure that Architectural designs are reviewed, made fit for purpose and approved
- Ensure that Solution designed are in line with Design patterns and standards
- Provide hands on technical and team leadership to team members through coaching and mentorship
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the Architectural Design teams.
- Plan and coordinate the use of human resources (internal and external) across projects, changes and problem management.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of the Architectural Design teams with the business engagement, service delivery and test teams.
- Drive a programme of continual improvement in areas such as process optimization and the adoption of tools, automation and other techniques that eliminate waste, champion the adoption of lean principles and ensure that the software engineering process is optimized and automated as far as possible.
- Communication of architectural roadmaps, development plans, estimates & status updates to project stakeholders, sponsors and colleagues on the IT leadership team
- Collaborate closely with business engagement colleagues on the IT leadership on the planning and scheduling of architectural resources.
Ensure that new transitional tools and technology patterns are introduced and implemented as per industry standards. Hands on experience needs to be demonstrated on following:-
- API Management - Software AG technology & MS Azure based preferably
- Event Driven Architecture, patterns and data model
- Modern messaging and streaming buses - KAFKA preferably
- Microservice Patterns
- File based and Non RDMS databases e.g Mongo DB
- Cloud based hosting engineering of fabrics and functions
- Modern and lean monitoring tools like Elastic Stack, Kibana and Slack
- DevOps approach and methodologies, manly
- CI / CD
- Very strong scripting experience
- Detailed understating of security framework
- Privacy by design
- Data and application security framework
- Application security protocols and standard like JWIT, Open ID Connect, OWASP etc..
- Modern web and frontend technologies like CSS, HTML 5, React, Progressive web APP, Java Script
Key Skills of the role:
- BCs (Hons) in Computer Science or Software Engineering discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- TOGAF Certified
- ISEB Certified Enterprise and Solution Architect
- Proven experience of working at a senior level and leading, motivating and coaching technically diverse architectural team in a dynamic end user environment
- Strong communication skills, with both internal team members and internal and external business stakeholders
- Proven ability to plan, organise, prioritise, manage and track numerous concurrent activities to successful outcomes
- Lifelong learner - willing to take on new challenges, and step outside of comfort zone
- Commercial acumen and ability to guide the design of solutions of that align to IT and business strategy
- Experience in assessing a broad range of technical solutions and products
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience in working with senior or Cx level stakeholders
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
Salary & Benefits:
- £70,000 - £80,000
- 15% bonus
- Pension scheme
- 25 annual holidays
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
gb 0121 616 4600