Assistant Financial Controller
GBP45000 - 50000 / annum
17th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Are you looking for your new career move? Looking to move up the ladder and develop into a top Finance professional. I'm working with a client who is looking for a newly qualified Accountant looking to take their next step in their career.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, and ultimately the Finance Director, the Assistant Financial Controller is responsible for period end consolidated P&L and balance sheet reporting and the day-to-day line management of the Accounts Payable and Employee Expenses team.
- Preparation of consolidated period and year end reporting internally and to parent company.
- Accounting for small group entities including liaising with other group entities to agree results
- Prepare annual budget including insurance data with inputs from FD, FC and Finance Operations Manager.
- Prepare draft annual statutory accounts for some group entities and assisting in the preparation of main company stat accounts
- Assist with the provision of information for audits (internal and external)
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
- Day to day management and support of accounts payable and employee expenses team of 4
- Assist with payroll approval and reporting
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field.
Skills and behaviours:
- Knowledge of statutory accounts and working as part of a multi-national group.
- You will have strong analytical and IT skills and the willingness to work as a team.
- Knowledge of VAT and tax would be beneficial.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
SwindonSuite B, Ground Flr,
The Stella Building,
Whitehill Way, Swindon
gb 01793 571900