Finance Business Partner
Post Date : 13 October 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06490-0010129108
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are excited to be working on behalf of Element Six to recruit a Finance Business Partner to join their Commercial Finance Team at their site on the Harwell Innovation Campus, Didcot. This role will put you at the heart of commercial decision making across this growing and dynamic organisation!
Element Six, part of the De Beers Group of Companies, is a world leading synthetic diamond and super-materials producer. An industry leader, the company has been operating for over 70 years and is recognised as operating at the forefront of our industry. The materials we manufacture are classed as advanced engineering materials. Today synthetic diamond is widely used across industries and markets around the world; from playing a vital role in the production of next generation automotive engines, to powering high speed digital telecommunications equipment, the synthetic diamond and related materials we design and manufacture impact all of our lives.
The role will be based permanently at their modern offices on the Harwell Innovation Campus, just two miles out of Didcot. This world-renowned science and technology campus offers an excellent working environment, first-class facilities and regular extracurricular activities!
The position will report into the Finance Director (Sales & Marketing) and provide commercial finance support to senior stakeholders across the business. The role's primary function is to support the Sales team and Product Managers, as well as Marketing and Innovation functions.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Support and challenge commercial teams, including critical assessment of assumptions and scenario planning
- Close involvement in new product introductions, bringing clear financial structure to the process and highlighting assumptions made at critical stages
- Analysis and reporting of financial performance, including monthly commercial results and the performance of new products
- Preparation of the group wide revenue budget
- Coaching and mentoring within a talented and high performing team
- Working with the Finance Director to develop and deliver strategic projects to drive business growth. For example, the development of a strategic pricing framework to clearly articulate performance and set direction
- Typical candidate will be a qualified accountant who has a minimum of 3-5 years post-qualification experience, gained within a commercially focussed role
- Candidates without a formal, UK accounting qualification, but with exception commercial business partnering experience will also be considered
- Advanced Excel and problem solving skills are critical, along with a focussed mind-set on driving business improvement/efficiency
- Capability and initiative to take on leadership roles in cross-functional projects
SALARY & BENEFITS
Competitive salary depending on experience plus excellent benefits which include group bonus scheme, matched pension contributions up to 7.5% and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon