GBP50000 - 60000 / annum
2nd January 2018
Accounting and Finance
Are you an ambitious accountant with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to impact change in a fast-paced culture?
Altus Strategies, a rapidly expanding mineral exploration business based in Didcot, are looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join their growing team at a critical point in their history.
Altus is a mineral exploration business that was founded in 2007 by an experienced industry team. The Company is backed by some of the world's leading investors in this highly specialist field. Its focus is on discovery and the Company's UK based and overseas technical teams are using the latest technologies to explore for strategic metals that are in increasingly high demand.
Following Altus' listing on London's AIM market in August 2017 and the announcement of the acquisition of a Canadian firm which will result in the Company also being listed in Toronto in 2018, they are now at an exciting phase in their growth and are looking for an exceptional Financial Controller to join the team.
This newly created role will be report directly into the Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for the accounting functions of the Company, delivering high quality and timely accounts, financial reports and analysis and communicating these to an energetic and highly motivated team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management, quarterly, interim and annual accounts including a financial management discussion and analysis on a quarterly basis
- Production of accurate management reporting and detailed analysis e.g. variance analysis, project expenditure, subsidiary expenditure, ad-hoc analysis as required by management/stakeholders
- Preparation of forecasts, and assisting with quarterly, annual and ad hoc budgets
- Preparation of consolidated group and subsidiary/statutory accounts (in line with IFRS standard)
- Work closely with the company bookkeeper to ensure transactions are posted and reconciled accurately and timely
- Liaising with Canadian CFO to assist with the production of quarterly management statements for the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
- Drive process improvement and lead the migration of accounts from a currently outsourced setup to implementing a wholly in-house, cloud based system
- Preparation and submission of tax returns to HMRC
- Company Secretary administration and reporting
- Ensuring compliance with VAT and PAYE filings
- Contribution to finance presentations - e.g. AGM and Board
- Bank transfers and bank account reconciliations
- Fully qualified accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Preferably degree educated with a strong academic background
- Proven experience in financial and management accounting, ideally in a small business environment working with multiple currencies
- High commercial acumen combined with an analytical and forward thinking mind-set
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and good humoured team environment coupled with a 'sleeves rolled up' approach when working to deadlines / under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with high attention to detail with pride in the accuracy and quality of financial processes, reports and reconciliations
- You may also ideally have experience of Xero or similar accounting packages and have strong Excel skills
The role will be based at Altus Strategies head office in Didcot, which offers excellent train routes (5-10 minute walk from Didcot Parkway)
SALARY & BENEFITS
£50-60,000 depending on experience and excellent benefits including:
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Pension (match up to 5% of salary)
- Potential to participate in a planned Company share option scheme
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement