GBP45000 - 55000 / annum
24th September 2018
Accounting and Finance
Are you an ambitious accountant with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to impact change in a fast-paced culture?
Altus Strategies Plc is a dynamic mineral exploration business based in Didcot, are looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join their growing team at a critical point in their history.
Altus is a mineral exploration business that was founded in 2007 by an experienced industry team. The Company is backed by some of the world's leading investors in this highly specialist field. Its focus is on discovery and the Company's UK based and overseas technical teams are using the latest technologies to explore for strategic metals that are in increasingly high demand in the 21st century.
Following Altus' listing on London's AIM market in August 2017 and their dual TSX-V listing in Toronto in June this year, they are now at an exciting phase in their growth and are looking for an exceptional Financial Controller to join the team.
The role reports directly to the Didcot based Chief Executive and Vancouver based Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for the accounting functions of the Company, delivering high quality and timely accounts, financial reports and analysis and communicating these to an energetic and highly motivated team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of quarterly, interim and annual accounts including a financial management discussion and analysis on a quarterly basis and ensuring these are in accordance with current AIM and TSXV guidelines, liaising with the CFO
- Production of accurate monthly management reports and detailed analysis e.g. variance analysis, project expenditure, subsidiary expenditure, ad-hoc analysis as required by management/stakeholders
- Preparation of forecasts, and assisting with quarterly, annual and ad hoc budgets
- Preparation of consolidated group and subsidiary/statutory accounts (in line with IFRS standard)
- Work closely with and where necessary assist the company bookkeeper to ensure transactions are posted and reconciled accurately and timely
- Drive process improvement and lead the migration of accounts from a currently outsourced setup to implementing a wholly in-house, XERO (cloud based) system
- Preparation and submission of tax returns to HMRC
- Company Secretary administration and reporting for the UK companies in the group
- Ensuring compliance with VAT and PAYE filings
- Contribution to finance presentations - e.g. AGM and Board meetings
- Bank transfers and bank account reconciliations
- Fully qualified accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Preferably degree educated with a strong academic background
- Proven experience in financial and management accounting, ideally for a plc and in a small business environment working with multiple currencies
- High commercial acumen combined with an analytical and forward thinking mind-set
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and good humoured team environment coupled with a 'sleeves rolled up' approach when working to deadlines / under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with high attention to detail with pride in the accuracy and quality of financial processes, reports and reconciliations
- You may also ideally have experience of Xero or similar accounting packages and have strong Excel skills
The role will be based at Altus Strategies head office in Didcot, which offers excellent train routes (5-10 minute walk from Didcot Parkway)
SALARY & BENEFITS
£45-55,000 depending on experience and excellent benefits including:
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Pension (match up to 5% of salary)
- Potential to participate in a planned Company share option scheme
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
SwindonSuite B, Ground Flr,, The Stella Building,
Whitehill Way, Swindon, SN5 6NX 01793 571900