9th August 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working in partnership with Biwater on an exclusive and retained basis, to recruit a Director of International Accounting.
Based in Dorking, and reporting directly into the Group CFO, this role is offering the chance to join an exceptional business in the next stage of their evolution.
If you are looking for a varied and senior leadership level role within a well-respected and international group then please apply to find our more.
This role is also offering great levels of variety, coupled with extensive scope and autonomy.
Responsible for the efforts, results, and success of an organisation's finance department. Providing financial advice and support to help senior executives make key decisions.
Leading the global accounting function to continually improve the procedures, processes and systems to enable Biwater to meet operational, reporting and audit requirements as the company grows.
In liaison with CFO, local auditors and tax specialists, implement the most efficient tax structures in territories to take advantage of new and existing legislation. Ensure full compliance with all legal and fiscal requirements.
- Comply with Group timetable with regard to the production of reporting information
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close to enable monthly operating and year end reporting in line with Group requirements and timetable
- Oversee international compliance and manage 3rd party accounting service providers (where used)
- Ensure the monthly account reconciliations and resulting compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure Group companies and their branches comply with the legal and fiscal requirements of the countries in which they are working, which includes timely filing of all annual returns.
- Develop and document global business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Respond to inquiries from other finance and company wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting request
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Partner with FP&A to improve system and processes for internal and external reporting
- Control and monitor all foreign exchange transactions to ensure that exposures are hedged wherever possible
- Oversee and provide full accounting service including tax compliance, to BIL and other UK companies within the remit, together with those overseas companies run from Dorking, in accordance with Group guidelines
- Oversee the preparation of the companies' Corporate Plans & revised forecasts, and consequently ensure the ongoing monitoring of these to enable identification and explanation of variances and checking that issues giving rise to these have been previously approved
- Oversee and prepare cash flow forecasts based upon information provided by operations' directors
- Ensure monthly contract reports are prepared and reviewed with correctly calculated contract profitability in good time for the monthly regional meetings.
- Ensure finance functions operate within the agreed overhead budget for those departments/companies covered by this remit
- Other duties as allocated by the CEO/CFO
The successful Director of International Accounting is likely to be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with a strong academic background.
Experience of the following would be high desirable.
- Experience of working on large scale projects
- A strong technical understanding of group accounts and international consolidations
- Relevant sector knowledge, for example - construction, engineering, property. utilities, oil and gas or business services
- International accounting experience
Biwater is a world leader in treated water, providing large-scale water and waste water solutions for clients across the world. Since its inception in 1968, Biwater have gained recognition for innovative approaches aimed at overcoming the world's most pressing water-related challenges.
Throughout its history, the company has grown to meet the demands of many water-stressed countries and their burgeoning populations. It has a successful record of accomplishment, having completed over 25,000 projects in over 90 countries - financing, consulting, process engineering, designing, constructing, operating, maintaining and owning water facilities - in both rural and urban environments.
Salary & Benefits
£££Competitive. Negotiable depending on experience.
This is a retained assignment with Robert Half. To apply please click on the link or send your application directly to Patrick McCubbin at
All third-party applications will be forwarded onto Robert Half.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
2 Denmark Road,
gb 01483 409 750