9th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are proud to be representing well established organisation located in the centre of Eastleigh. Due to expansion and growth they are looking for an assistant management accountant to join their team.
- Assist in the production of the quarterly management accounts (including commentary) within agreed timescales as set out within the team's objectives
- Liaise with budget holders on a monthly basis to establish the cause of budget or forecast variances when comparing to actual results
- Maintain staffing monitoring for the organisation including budget virements, liaising with Payroll regarding any anomalies and forecast the overall staffing position for the budget areas you will be responsible for
- Assist the Senior Accountant in the production of budgets, revised forecasts and the rolling 5 year budget.
- Assist with the production of the Annual Statutory Accounts as well as assist in providing information for External Audit.
- To assist the Senior Accountant in operating and improving internal controls within the finance function
You should be proactive and analytical with Advanced Excel skills who is reliable and thorough. Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines is a must; Finance is ever changing so being flexible and open to change is beneficial.
You'll need to be interpersonal with strong influencing and communication skills and strong attention to detail and organisation skills with ability to work independently.
The ideal candidate:
- Production of accurate management accounts
- Basic accounting skills
- Budgeting and forecasting techniques
- Robust internal control procedures
- Advanced ability in Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to interpret financial information and present for non-accountants
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence to ensure controls and procedures are understood and followed
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Strong time management skills
- Innovative approach to problem solving
Salary & Benefits
- Circa £30,000 salary
- CIPFA training
- Flexible Hours
- and more
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
SouthamptonUBC, Enterprise House
Ocean Village, Southampton
gb 02380 224 562