£20,000.00 - £23,000.00 / annum
14th October 2019
Accounting and Finance
In this role, you will be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This dynamic team environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
* Support accounts payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
* Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
* General accounting and administration support: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
* Correct transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
* Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes.
* Prepare statements and reports that require utilisation of a variety of sources
* Post financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
* Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognising the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
* Assist in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers
* Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
* AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
* Excellent data entry skills
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP are preferred
* Ability to multi-task and attention to detail are critical
* Entry-level considered
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training but will be within the range of £20,000 - £23,000 plus additional benefits.
About Robert Half
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialised financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in more than 330 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it, 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
EdinburghLevel 3, Ardmore House,
40 George Street
gb 0131 220 2171