GBP12 - 17 / hour
28th March 2019
Accounting and Finance
Working as part of a central finance team for this global organisation you will be responsible for assisting the Operations and Finance Manager and report directly to the Payroll Manager.
The core functions are below but there are a number of varied ad hoc tasks that will be required:
- Maintain integrity of payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data and maintaining interfaces between HR, Payroll and financial systems
- Update payroll records by entering changes in data such as new entrants, leavers, overtime, savings deductions, Tax category, leave, etc
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Answering questions and requests, verbally or by e-mail
- Liaise with HR team to ensure integrity of overall payroll processing system
- Issue appropriate tax information to HMRC (e.g. P45s, P60s)
- Maintain appropriate records of Payroll system interventions
The successful candidate requires sound payroll experience with a flexible approach to their work along with the ability to multi-task. The ability to complete tasks on a timely basis to the highest standard is essential. Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills are also vital to this role, as are strong IT skills.
- Experience of working in a Payroll team in a wider organisation (3 years minimum).
- Ability to review payroll system output for consistency and accuracy along with the preparation of manual workarounds.
- Good knowledge of appropriate Tax legislation.
- Experience of working alongside related functions (e.g.HR), providing support and advice on a timely basis.
- Problem solving.
- Ordered, structured approach to work.
- Experience and knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle in preference, but other systems acceptable)
This is a prestigious organisation with global reach who offer a positive working environment within a diverse and progressive team and exposure to wider finance and HR functions.
This is a rewarding role where you will be given responsibility from the start and there is possible option of a permanent role after good performance.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be an hourly rate of £11-17ph depending on experience (those more experienced will have further supervisory responsibilities)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
EdinburghLevel 3, Ardmore House,
40 George Street
gb 0131 220 2171