Finance Officer (Payroll Lead)
GBP23000 - 27000 / annum
23rd January 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is partnering a public sector organisation in Edinburgh to recruit for a dynamic individual to join their busy finance team. Your duties will be as follows:
- Working with the other Finance Officers, undertake the day-to-day tasks pertaining to the purchase and sales ledger, cashier, credit control and payroll functions.Taking the lead responsibility for Payroll, and being able to move from section to section with an expert knowledge of each function.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of financial procedures, controls, documentation standards and customer service levels.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the service provision internally and externally.
- Proactively preparing for periods of peak demand to ensure maintenance of excellent service delivery.
- Ensuring administrative requirements of Finance Office are clearly defined and correctly undertaken.
- Undertake business process reviews and customer journey mapping exercises with the objective of enhancing the cusomter experience.
- Having expert knowledge and experience in Payroll with strict deadlines and month end and year end PAYE experience.
- Ensuring that all month end reporting is robust and meaningful.
- Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the role which are deemed appropriate by the Finance Manager.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
EdinburghLevel 3, Ardmore House,
40 George Street
EH2 2LE 0131 220 2171