GBP45000 - 50000 / annum
1st March 2018
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are partnering with a leading city centre based investment management business in the recruitment of a qualified Financial Accountant. This will be an integral role within our client's very established Edinburgh office. The role represents the opportunity for an individual to assist with the continued growth and development of the department.
What you will do:
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Preparation and submission of quarterly Finance Board papers, CFO reports, dashboards and any other management information reports as directed.
- Review and sign off of subsidiary accounts
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Liaison with staff across the group, developing key customer relations.
- Identification and implementation of process improvements within the Finance function
- Keeping updated on accounting standards and procedures.
- Responsibility for ad hoc specific projects as defined by senior management; coordinating plans and resources to achieve agreed deliverable's within the required time
- Mentoring junior staff
- Fully qualified CA (ICAS/ACCA/CIMA)
- 2/3 P/Q experience in a similar role
- Financial Services industry experience is desired (not essential)
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Staff management experience
- Good knowledge of various accounting packages
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be circa £40,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience. Benefits include private health care and a competitive pension.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement