£38000 - 42000 / annum
26th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working exclusively in partnership with Myeloma to recruit a Financial Controller vacancy to be based at their centrally located offices in Edinburgh.
Myeloma UK helps myeloma patients live longer and with a better quality of life, providing a broad and innovative range of services which cover every aspect of myeloma, from providing information and support to patients, their families and healthcare professionals, to improving standards of treatment and care through research, education, campaigning and raising awareness.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, duties of the Financial Controller will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assuming responsibility for the professional delivery of the finance service incorporating all finance department activities, ensuring they are in line with and contributing towards the business's strategic and operational plans
- Timely production of accurate and detailed management accounts with supporting narrative and variance analysis, ensuring such accounts accurately reflect the business and its needs
- Production of financial forecasts, liaising with budget holders and other key stakeholders. Incorporating the results of such forecasts in all other key financial reports such as cash flow, clinical trials network financial reporting etc.
- Preparation of the annual budget and plans including income and expenditure budgets, project and campaign budgets, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts
- Provision of the payroll function ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, pensions auto-enrolment, PAYE matters and the provision of year end HMRC payroll returns. Myeloma UK currently uses a payroll bureau
- Assist the Director of Finance and Operations with the preparation and delivery of the business's strategic and operational plans
- Manage the finance team, ensuring that key deadlines are adhered to and met
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ICAS) or demonstrable qualified by experience (circa 5 years +)
- Candidates from a charity/3rd sector background are desirable but all industries will be considered
- Previous experience of developing, managing and leading staff within a finance team
- Strong business partnering and IT skills
- Experience of improving financial systems
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be within the region of £38,000 - £42,000 plus very competitive benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
EdinburghLevel 3, Ardmore House,
40 George Street
gb 0131 220 2171