Head of Finance
GBP80000 - 110000 / annum
29th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working in partnership with PaySend on an exclusive and retained basis, to recruit a Head of Finance vacancy for their newly created hub based in Edinburgh.
PaySend is a Global Fintech company on a mission to create money for the future. From its launch in 2017 it is now one of the UK's leading Fintech companies. Through its 3 Global solutions - Payments, Transfers, Account - it addresses 90% of people's financial needs in a way that is safe, fast and smart. Using its proprietary technology platform and the ultimate consumer analytics, PaySend is inventing better ways for everyone to pay, hold and send their money. Paysend's instant, freemium and borderless solutions deliver a new way for consumers to view and use their money.
The Role and Responsibilities
- As Head of Finance, you will work closely with your Financial Controller and the supporting finance team currently based in London, whilst building out a transactional back office in Edinburgh
- You will contribute to the continuous development of business strategy and financial planning across all areas of the business
- You will want to challenge decision-making as appropriate whilst providing useful MI/financial information and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- The Head of Finance will oversee the full financial control, including cashflow, banking and borrowing requirements and manage group policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and risk as appropriate
- Work in close conjunction with senior leadership within the UK and overseas
- Ensure that other back office systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- You must be a fully qualified accountant with at least 8-10 years P/Q experience. Strong preference of qualification is ICAS/ACA but ACCA/CIMA will also be considered
- You must have recent and relevant experience within a financial services/FinTech environment
- You will be commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic with strong operational skills
- Experience of cross currency/multi-currency accounting, treasury and settlements is highly desirable
- You must be an experienced manager with strong attention to detail and evidence of developing a finance function
- Ability to handle pressure and critical decision-making
The salary for this role will be highly competitive and negotiable (DOE). This will be accompanied by a generous benefits package.
This is a retained assigned with Robert Half. To apply please click on the link. All third-party applications will be forwarded onto Robert Half.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
EdinburghLevel 3, Ardmore House,
40 George Street
gb 0131 220 2171