£34,000.00 - £37,000.00 / annum
21st June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are partnered with a Renewables Management firm in Edinburgh Centre who require a Management Accountant to join them on a Maternity Cover for 10-12 months ideally starting July/August 2019.
There is potential for this role to become permanent.
This role will sit within the Operations team and support the financial management of renewable sites in the UK.
- Day to day financial management of the assets, including ensuring liabilities met as fall due, VAT recording and reporting, performance of financial controls, and ensuring revenue received promptly under terms of power purchase agreement.
- Stakeholder management and reporting, including provision of and discussion in relation to regular management accounts, budgets, cash-flows, and forecasts to external owners of asset as required; attendance and facilitation of Board Meetings as required, and dealing with ad hoc queries.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and year end statutory accounts.
- Liaising with external auditors to manage and assist the audit requirements of the assets under management.
- Working with project owners across Europe and local teams in Edinburgh to ensure processes are set-up appropriately to ensure good management of existing assets and a smooth handover of new assets coming online.
- ICAS / ICAEW / ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent.
- Proven track record of reporting deliverables to senior stakeholders
- Familiarity preparing / reviewing month end and year end journals
- Comfortable reviewing and working with contracts
- Experience working with Asset Management, Practice, Construction, Audit or Facilities Management would be beneficial
- Experience of VAT reporting
- Collaborative working style, persuasive and clear communication skills
- Flexible skill-set and enthusiasm for a varied role
This renewables management firm is a global business with ahead office in Central Europe. This office in Edinburgh focusses on the UK operations and liaises with external and internal clients and manages a large portion of the wider companies assets.
The office is in central Edinburgh and offers a collaborative working environment, a challenging role with a great team. There is little turnover in this team and most recruitment is due to contract cover or business growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified accountant looking for a challenging and fulfilling role. First time movers would also be welcomed as would those who have been qualified for some time.
Salary & Benefits
Salary on offer will be £34k - £37k DOE plus an excellent benefits package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
EdinburghLevel 3, Ardmore House,
40 George Street
gb 0131 220 2171