£27,000.00 - £32,000.00 / annum
7th October 2019
Accounting and Finance
Are you a talented Assistant Accountant looking to gain real responsibility in a successful construction SME? Are you looking for a longer term opportunity starting ASAP? Do you have enthusiasm, drive to continually produce excellent work and develop your own skills?
Then read on about this temporary to permanent Assistant Accountant opportunity!
You will be given responsibility from day one with objectives to deliver budgets, forecasts, variance analysis, project costings and complex reconciliations. As part of a small team you will be working with the Management Accountants and one other Assistant Accountant as a team to manage a turnover of over £100 million across various sites.
- Assisting with preparation of management accounts
- Contract analysis and costings
- Budgets and forecasts
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Responsible for month end close
- Maintenance of inter-company accounts
- Assisting with Accounts Supervisor role
- Fixed Asset registers
If you have demonstrable experience in any of the above, have been working at Assistant Accountant level (even with a different title) for at least one year and are available soon then we want to hear from you.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Strong understanding of Debits and Credits
- Intermediate Excel Skills (v-look ups, pivots ideally)
- Experience assisting with production of accounts
- Excellent attention to detail, team focussed attitude and confidence to discuss your ideas and ask questions
Salary & Benefits
The role will be initially on a timesheet basis as a temporary role with an hourly rate (before holiday pay) of £14-17ph. Hours are 9am - 5pm with an hour for lunch. The permanent role offers study support as well as excellent benefits and pensions. Regular pay reviews and development meetings will ensure your continued career progression and there are regular team events.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
EdinburghLevel 3, Ardmore House,
40 George Street
gb 0131 220 2171