Senior Financial Analyst
Location : Edinburgh
Post Date : 28 February 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 468767
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are proud to partner Dobbies Garden Centres Ltd to support them with the recruitment of a number of key commercial finance positions. Dobbies is one of Scotland's most established retail brands with 34 stores and a history stretching back over 150 years. In 2016 the business was acquired by a holding group led by Midlothian Capital Partners and Hattington Capital who have ambitious plans for the business moving forward.
Reporting into the Commercial Finance Manager this is a critical role which will provide analysis and insight to support key decision making across the business with a focus on driving growth and profitability. Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of strategic plans and forecasts§ Reporting & analysis of trading performance
- Variance analysis & reporting of issues to senior management
- Maintain Reporting system & data integrity in conjunction with IT
- In depth analysis of category, store and event performance
- Capital investment appraisals and post investment reviews
- To lead continuous improvement projects across the business looking for ways to improve processes, strengthen control and deliver value
- Review processes and provide assurance to senior management that policies are being adhered to and that processes are efficient and effective
You will be a fully qualified chartered accountant with significant post qualified experience in a commercial, blue-chip environment. You will be comfortable analysing large volumes of complex data and distilling this down into usable management information. You will be self-motivated, robust, confident and able to effectively support and challenge at a senior level. You will be expected to lead by example and be pro-active in presenting new ideas and initiatives to senior management.
c£50,000 but flexible depending on experience. Benefits package includes pension, bonus scheme, private health cover, and staff discount.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
40 George Street
EH2 2LE Edinburgh