£12.00 - £14.00 / hour
9th October 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are currently supporting a marketing leading Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain organisation to recruit a interim Credit Controller based in Epsom.
The purpose of the interim Credit Controller is to help with:
- Daily collection of debt in line with terms agreed
- To ensure that customer service levels outlined in the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are achieved within each business unit
- Generates positive business results through excellent client relationships
- Provide support to line Manager as and when required
- Responsibility for the performance and results of own territory
As the interim Credit Controller key responsibilities will include:
- Build strong client relationships
- Chase clients by phone, letter and email and reducing debtor days
- Maximise cash collection through pro-active and reactive collection techniques ensure the timely generation of all client invoicing and chase customers by telephone and email to agreed payment terms
- Assist in allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances
- Process and generate reminder letters and monthly statements on a timely basis
- Identify customer disputes at an early state and process promptly to ensure resolution
- Ensure all client payment terms are adhered to
- Follow a set of comprehensive Credit Risk Policies and Procedures
- Review and ensure the timely completion of Bank reconciliations on the sales ledger. Ensure all client invoicing requirements are adhered to including client distribution of invoices by the second working day of the month
- Accountable for raising of Credit Notes in 365
- Work closely with sales and operations teams to ensure that accounts that fall in arrears are dealt with immediately
- Manage the Finance inbox
- Maintain and update the cash forecast on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as requested
The successful candidate should have a minimum of two years' experience within Credit Control. A proven track record of efficient collection of aged debt, query resolution and reduction of DSO is desired.
- Must be a high calibre individual with excellent communication skills
- Must have exemplary client relationship management skills, possess proven relationship building skills and be responsive to customers' requests
- Must have strong IT skills, be a confident user of CRM systems with strong knowledge of MS Office
- Must have a good understanding of balance sheet analysis, credit risk, financial exposure and setting credit limits
The Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain organisation, based in Epsom, has an outstanding record of business success and profitability to date. This has been achieved with a highly motivated account management team in a market that is still in its infancy, with massive growth potential. They are currently market leaders in their field. The offices are modern and a great culture to work within.
Salary & Benefits
The role is paying up to £14 per hour plus holiday pay on an ongoing interim basis plus parking
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
2 Denmark Road,
gb 01483 409 750