£15 - 18 / hour
11th July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Devon & Cornwall are working with a well known organisation in Exeter to recruit for a Management Accountant to join the team for up to 6 months, with a possible view of something more permanent in the long run.
This role is to start ASAP and the duties of this position include:
- To provide on-going financial support to Directorates, monitoring their expense, income and activity against budgets. This includes participation in Budget Meetings, Quarterly Reviews and other Directorate meetings;
- To analyse and investigate variances and interpret results. To produce monthly financial reports and financial forecasts in close liaison with Directorate Managers with the aim of providing accurate year to date and year end projections;
- To develop skills in monitoring income against both budget and contracts, in order to ensure that the full implications of changes in activity are understood.
- To analyse complex problems relating to business case production and analysis. Influence and advise regarding allocation of finances within directorates and provides assessments on financial decisions and financial risk without necessarily referring to management
- To update the general ledger and other financial systems as necessary to ensure accurate and up-to-date reporting.
- To prepare expense, income and activity budgets as part of the annual planning cycle. To carry out periodic reviews of budgets to reflect current operational practice, in conjunction with Directorate Managers;
- To use in depth specialist financial knowledge to respond appropriately to budget holders queries, investigating all areas of concern, within an agreed timescale, thereby maintaining good working relationships;
- To provide formal and informal financial training to budget holders. To provide advice on complex financial issues to non-financial mangers whilst being aware of Trust wide issues.
The successful candidate will have good prior experience in a similar role and will be part qualified or QBE (qualified by experience). A good work ethic and ability to work within a team is required, along with excellent communication skills at all levels.
In return, the role is paying between £15 - £18 per hour.
Please apply within this advert or contact Fraser Wood at Robert Half Devon & Cornwall on 01392 341130 to learn more.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400