8th November 2019
Accounting and Finance
Chief Financial Officer - Farnborough
Competitive Salary + Equity
Robert Half are working in partnership with nDreams on an exclusive and retained basis, to recruit a Chief Financial Officer.
Based in Farnborough, this role is offering the chance to join an exceptional business in the next stage of their evolution.
If you are looking for a varied and senior leadership level role within an ambitious, creative and fun company, then please apply to find out more.
nDreams is one of the leading VR developers and publishers in the world. They are a VC funded company who pivoted to focus on virtual reality back in 2013. They create cutting-edge VR games and experiences for some of the largest technology companies in the world, and have already launched eight VR titles across multiple headsets.
They create both consumer VR games and VR games for arcades and Location Based Entertainment centres. nDreams are growing rapidly, and now have a core team of 85 people at our HQ in Farnborough, with an established track record of double-digit growth, strong IP creation and an enviable reputation for high quality delivery.
The successful CFO will partner with the CEO and as part of the executive team in the UK will drive the business forward in line with ambitious growth targets. This role includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations and investor relations.
This is a unique opportunity to be on the front-line of a fast-growing, innovative business in a fast-moving market, where mergers and acquisitions are commonplace.
- Build an effective partnership with the company's executive management team, establish trust and credibility with Studio leadership and staff.
- Collaborate with business counterparts and other key studio finance leaders to address key industry issues, develop plans to exploit such opportunities or mitigate any risks that arise and that could impact the strategy of the company.
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun work environment that promotes the company's values.
- Create an environment where people who match company values will want to work and succeed.
- Promote the company externally turning it into an employer of choice to exceptional candidates
- Motivate and energise the team through inspirational communication of the company's mission, values, objectives and performance
- Management of financial models underpinning business decisions and forecasting including oversight and the delivery of one and three-year plans.
- Oversee EMI Share Options and other staff incentive scheme.
- Lead all M&A and fundraising activity.
- Management of key financial modelling and data required for 3rd parties
- Proposal and management of all due diligence required in the process
- Management of advisory team including accountants, lawyers and corporate advisors
- Identify opportunities to drive revenue growth
- Help ensure publishing / media / marketing spend is as efficient as possible
- Manage fixed-costs base driving savings wherever possible
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting
- Review monthly management accounts under FRS102 on an accurate and timely basis, in a clear and insightful way including KPIs
- Responsible for annual budgets and monthly reforecasts
- Cashflow management, including investment payback forecasting and budgeting
- Control, processing and forecasting of cash in all currencies
- Maintain a financial risk register and ensure appropriate insurance is maintained
- Management of company policy in relation to all existing and pending financial regulation requirements
- Supervise finance team in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing and payroll
- Support, lead and manage a talented finance team, currently, 2 increasing to 3.
- Support lead and manage the IT team on a daily basis and ensure that the IT systems are fit for purpose and future proofed for growth where possible.
- Support, lead and manage the Office manager, ensuring we are compliant with all health and safety requirements and the facilities are maintained to provide the best working environment possible for our team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Qualified accountant with 10+ years post-qualified experience
- Fund raising, series B experience
- M&A experience
- Experience with working in fast growth entrepreneurial businesses
- Understanding of interactive entertainment software, software development, monetisation models, distribution platforms.
- Thorough understanding of data privacy policies, including the GPDR
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Make and implement crucial recommendations
The remuneration package will reflect the seniority of the hire, and will include the following components:
- Competitive basic salary
- Performance bonus
- Equity (share options)
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. They offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, two "duvet days", a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
This is based in modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. If you think this could be the role for you, we'd love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
2 Denmark Road,
gb 01483 409 750