£65,000.00 - £70,000.00 / annum
5th September 2019
My client, a managed cloud services, IT Infrastructure and IT Consultancy are looking to hire an Infrastructure Cloud Consultant to work from head office Farnham and occasionally client sites.
The Infrastructure Cloud Consultant will provide hands on technical consultancy to my clients managed services customers and assist with defining and planning technical strategy, standards and the future services roadmap.
- Assisting in the pre-sales process to ensure designs fulfil both customer requirements and operational standards
- Working within project and service teams as a technical subject matter expert (SME), assisting in solution scoping, design and deployment and support transition
- Reviewing and recommending new technologies to improve services or customer environments
- Hands-on configuration of complex and custom components for project implementations and service improvements/changes
- Consulting with new and existing customers to deliver value added professional services such as capacity planning, security audits, performance optimisation, customer premise deployments and migrations
- Creating comprehensive technical documentation (including standards) within core competency areas, for internal and external use
- Point of escalation for Operations Teams
- Presentation of written or oral reports, including proposal creation, to internal and external stakeholders
- Presentation of services to internal and external stakeholders, including prospective customers
- Ensuring that all technical work is conducted within any appropriate customer change controls
- Attend Problem Management meetings when required and participation in the Problem Resolver Groups where appropriate
- Advising management team of any improvements to working practices or beneficial technical changes recommended to improve the performance, service resilience and cost effectiveness of services
- Identification and reporting of security threats, vulnerabilities and breaches in accordance with security policies within core competency areas
- Providing root cause and forensic analysis of security breaches and service outages
- Attendance at customer sites when required and attendance at head office when required
- Conformance to all policies and all procedures within the staff handbook and the Consultancy Team Manual
- Experience of technical environments - Data centre hosting (Private Cloud), virtualisation (server and desktop), networking, authentication, security and desktop
- DAAS, PAAS, IAAS
- Public Cloud experience AZURE, AWS.
- Skype for Business
- Highly motivated, confident and ambitious individual with a meticulous approach to work and attention to detail
- Hands-on, pro-active approach to consultancy and support assistance
- Excellent interpersonal & communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Experience in a commercial IT Solutions provider or Managed Services environment
- Hyper-V and/or VMWare
- Active Directory
- Authentication methods (including certificate services)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and busy environment
The successful Infrastructure Cloud Consultant will have at least 4 years in a technical consultancy role, have a professional qualification such as MCSE, CCNA or degree. PRINCE2 or ITIL v3 would be a bonus.
Providing a consultancy service for clients to provide IT Consultancy, Infrastructure Consultancy and provide managed cloud services.
Salary and Benefits
The Infrastructure Cloud Consultant role has a salary of £70,000 plus car or car allowance and a range of company benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888