GBP50000 - 55000 / annum
City of London
9th May 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are recruiting for an Accountant for a Pension firm based in The City of London.
The successful candidate for this Accountant position will report in to the Financial Manager and have a dotted line to the Financial Controller. The role is a mixture of 50% Management and financial accounting and 50% project work.
This role will include but is not limited to:
- Preparation of the annual expense budget, including meeting with various suppliers in order to agree budget for the year.
- Preparation of the annual cash flow budget.
- Preparation of re-forecasts on a half-yearly basis, and more often as required by management.
- Preparation of Financial Statements of the Plan, including more technical areas such as investment and risk disclosures.
- Review of investment accounting and other areas as required.
- Assisting reporting to the wider company on a half yearly basis.
- Assisting with the year-end Audit and dealing with auditor queries.
- Project work, such as process improvement, risk work, shaping internal controls, supporting Directors of departments on ad hoc work
The ideal profile for this Accountant position, based in the The City of London will have the following:
- ACA Newly Qualified up to 18 months post Qualified
- Analytical mindset, able to take a step back from the detail and see the bigger picture
- Excellent time management skills and able to meet deadlines
- Numeric and accurate
- Good attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
My client is a Pension provider, part of a multinational publishing and education company with a 4.5 Million turn over. The Pension department looks after the Pensions for employees of the wider business.
Salary & Benefits
The Accountant position based in The City of London is offering a base salary range of between £50,000 - £55,000, plus excellent benefits including: Bonus, 12% Pension, great work life balance (9-5.30pm hours), 25 days holiday increasing 1 per year up to 30.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900