Business Intelligence Analyst
GBP30000 - 40000 / annum
3rd December 2018
Business Intelligence Analyst
Working from offices in Cambridge for a leading and highly respected specialist educational provider and trainer.
A BI Analyst is required to lead business intelligence, reporting and analysis.
In the role of Business Intelligence Analyst , you working closely with the Sales and Marketing and IT teams, to lead reporting and analysis from core systems, including Salesforce, Qlikview and external booking system.
- To provide data management and report generation and management using a combination of SQL, SSRS, QlikView and Excel. (45%)
- To provide support, administration and process development for core business systems (30%)
- To work with the IT team, Sales and Marketing and the wider business to deliver enhanced solutions in support of core business applications and work on ad-hoc projects and development work as required. (15%)
- To provide SQL database administration tasks. (10%)
- In-depth support and management of the current reporting systems and help the business enhance reporting across ad-hoc and BI reporting.
- Work with all business units to identify and provide suitable solutions.
- Provide SQL database administration functions to ensure the full availability of all systems utilising this platform.
- Together with the rest of the IT team provide support and administration for other systems in operation.
- Build and maintain a good working knowledge of practices and requirements in respect of applications and systems.
- Work with the wider business and the IT Department to help deliver smooth changes, systems implementations, policy controls etc. to the organisation.
- Identify and make recommendations where appropriate to ensure that the IT Department is compliant with relevant legislation and good practice in relation to information handling and security.
- Strong Excel skills
- Demonstrable background in the management, administration and manipulation of data held within an SQL environment.
- Demonstrable recent experience of using Excel to provide reporting capabilities from SQL query data.
- Engaging quickly and easily with business users to understand existing processes and issues.
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to listen and influence.
- Able to deliver accurately, on time and to budget.
- Attention to detail
- Passion for business processes
- Quickly understands data structures in relational databases resulting in consistently quick turnaround of reporting requirements.
In return you will be offered a base salary of £30,000 - £40,000 plus pension and other leading benefits.
For more information please apply or contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400