Cloud Support Engineer
GBP25000 - 35000 / annum
City of London
25th April 2019
Robert Half are exclusively working with a bespoke provider of Cloud Solutions specialising in Hedge Funds and Asset Managers based in the city.
The Company : Started in 2015 by the current standing CEO, The business has rapidly grown since then and built up a very good name for themselves in the public Cloud space both in the UK AND USA.
The company specieliaze in migrating high end financial service's Businesses to a cloud platform best suited to their needs. Described as the hedge fund and asset management technolocgy specialist's.
This is a very exciting time to join this rapidly grwoing business.
The Role : 2ND Line Cloud Operations Engineer
You will be split between Client Sites around Zone 1 and the head office in Moorgate.
This role is for someone who has a passion for all things Cloud that is very focused on persuing a Cloud based career path.
Knowlegde of Public cloud Solutions will be needed for this postion. IE AWS , AZURE , GCP
You will also,
- Provide support across both UK and US clients
- Manage support tickets within SLAs, escalation internally or with third parties, and daily reporting
- Monitor cloud and on-prem infrastructure for our hedge fund and asset manager clients
- Strive to improve day to day operations to reduce support to zero
- Operate client environments as well as our infrastructure
- Develop and implement automation tools
- Participate in on-call weekend and public holiday rotation and support cover, including remote support
- Participate in a two-week support rotation at a client site
The Skill's needed are as follows
- Basic understanding of IP networking such as addressing, TCP/IP, subnets, VLANs, and routing
- Basic support of switches, routers, WAN, firewalls and proxies
- Experience working with support ticketing systems, documenting issues and resolutions
- The ability to work independently and multitask in a high paced environment, effectively and efficiently
- Experience or training with ITIL
- A customer focus, with outstanding customer service and communications skills
- Collaboration and development tools, such as Atlassian suite, version control systems like Git Great if you also have:
- Azure, Office 365, AWS experience , GCP
- SQL experience * Mac/Linux exposure
Salary & Benefits £35,000 Plus health care and Descretionary Bonus
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900