GBP50000 - 50000 / annum
21st May 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half have partnered exclusively with Colston's School to appoint a new Finance Director.
Colston's is a thriving co-educational day school on the outskirts of Bristol, easily accessible from the motorway network and with approximately 750 students aged from 3 to 18. The Upper School occupies a glorious thirty acre campus and has all of its facilities on-site. Colston's is a grounded, holistic school where individuals of many and varied talents, abilities and backgrounds work together in order for each individual to maximise their potential in all areas.
Colston's School is operating successfully and is a very busy, fast-moving and exciting environment in which to work. Currently being built is a £1.2m Early Years building at the Lower School and exciting plans are being put in place to continue to develop the facilities on the Senior School site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced finance professional to work in a forward thinking independent school. Operating at a senior level, reporting to the Headmaster, you will have the ability to influence the future of the school by contributing your strategic and commercial acumen.
The role offers lots of involvement outside of finance, as the Finance Director will be responsible for all financial affairs, business management and also as a Clerk to the Board.
- Preparing and coordinating budgets across the school, working with department budget holders to ensure that spending is controlled
- Managing the 5 year forecast for the school and reviewing against actual performance
- Cash flow forecasting
- Overall responsibility for all purchasing within the school
- Advising on scholarship and bursary awards and overseeing assessments of parents income and assets in conjunction with bursary awards
- Managing investment appraisals of all capital expenditure including the Early Years building and a proposal for a new sixth form centre on the Senior School site
- Responsible for supporting wider business decisions across the school and having a heavy involvement in HR and employment matters
- Financial Accounting (in accordance with SORP)
- Management Accounting
- Transactional Accounting (including payroll)
This is a senior role in the school. The successful Finance Director will need to believe in the ethos of the school and want to be able to make a genuine impact. This role is vital to help the school achieve their vision and will have a chance to influence key decisions from day one.
To be considered for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- 5 years+ post qualification experience
- Broad experience including financial accounting, management accounting and oversight of transactional finance
- Team management experience
- Strong stakeholder skills
- Passionate about education and the life changes it can make
Salary and Benefits
Dependent on experience.
Benefits of the post include free School lunch during term time, free parking on site, a defined contribution pension scheme and staff remission of 50% on school fees for any eligible children in accordance with the staff remission policy.
We are able to accommodate applicants who need some flexibility although note this is a full-time post.
Please note all third party applications will be forwarded to, and managed by, Robert Half.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Lewins Mead, Bristol, BS1 2NT 0117 993 5400