11th June 2019
Interim and Project Consultancy
The role itself has two parts to it - Business as usual Finance Director / Commercial Contracting set-up and scrutiny and it is essential to have a good understanding of the Commissioner / Provider relationship.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Monthly accounts generation, scrutiny, interpretation of accounts and numbers;
- Communication & interpretation of financial results to the Board / Senior Management Team;
- Financial planning and budget setting, management of organisational performance against key metrics (financial and non-financial);
- Team management - circa 25 to include finance, IT, business analysts and payroll, with 4 direct reports. There is also a Deputy to the Finance Director which is the Head of Finance;
- To provide finance and commercial support to the bid and tender process of two significant new contracts for the core service provided by our client;
- To provide finance insight into operational areas of the business - there are 4 divisions, each with a Managing Director. The Finance Director must work with the Managing Director to establish good sound financial insight into divisional performance to assist the Managing Director to carry out and deliver the care required;
- Provide contractual expertise to current contracts held. The current contract revenue is circa £75m (this will increase to £120m if they win the two contract bids coming up) - contracts must be measured against operational and financial performance to ensure they are adhered to and maximised financially. Any contract erosion needs to identified and ceased.
- Advanced excel skills
- It is essential to have a good understanding of the Commissioner / Provider relationship
- 6 months contract
- Day rate dependant on experience - please advise of your expectations when replying to this advertisement
- Based in East Midlands - 5 days on site
- To start in June
Protiviti is a global consulting firm that delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach and unparalleled collaboration to help leaders confidently face the future. Protiviti is committed to equality of opportunities for all candidates and those with relevant experience to that stated are welcome to apply.
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400