GBP45000 - 55000 / annum
City of London
23rd April 2019
Robert Half Financial Services are recruiting for a Finance Manager to join a Global and privately owned commodities trader based in the West End of London.
- Headquartered in London, our client trades physically in a wide range of off-exchange metals, minerals, ores and concentrates sourcing worldwide for industrial end users.
- They are a trader of non-ferrous metals, electronic metals, ferro-alloys, platinum group metals and other specialty metals not traded on formal exchanges.
- Established over 50 years ago, my client has an international presence and a leading position in our field of off-exchange specialty metals and minerals.
The purpose of the role is to take full responsibility and ownership of the UK trading entity from a financial perspective whilst supporting the Group Finance Manager across the other global entities.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager the successful candidate will be directly responsible for a UK finance team of two whilst working closely with the worldwide finance team and advisors.
The successful candidate will also have a great deal of contact with the Group's bankers, customers and suppliers in the UK and overseas, so the ability to build strong rapport is essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Production of monthly financials for the UK trading entity
- Assistance with weekly cashflow and borrowing base report
- Assistance credit and marine insurance reporting
- Key role in the continuous development of the reporting suite / trading and finance system
- Production/monitoring of the global forex position
- Development/support/training of the UK finance team
- Production of UK/overseas statutory financial statements (IFRS /HK IFRS/UK GAAP)
- Recently qualified accountant coming from either a practice background or from industry
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients.
About the package
- Eligible for annual bonus
- Statutory pension ( 3%)
- 25 days holiday
- BUPA healthcare
- Season ticket loan
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900