GBP29000 / annum
13th May 2019
Accounting and Finance
Finance Manager - Haverhill
Robert Half Cambridge are currently working with a rapidly expanding school partnership who are recruiting for a Finance Manager to join their finance team based in Haverhill.
Overview of role
Day to day duties of The Finance Manager will include but not be limited to:
- Monitor and evaluate information and consult with school's Senior Leadership teams.
- To prepare realistic and balanced budgets for schools.
- Submit the proposed budgets to individual school's governors for approval and assist in the overall financial planning process
- Discuss, negotiate and agree the final budgets;
- Oversee budget spend to actively monitor and control performance to achieve value for money.
- Identify and inform Headteachers and governors of the causes of significant variance and take prompt, corrective action.
- Provide ongoing budgetary information and reports to Headteachers and colleagues;
- Advise Headteachers and governors if fraudulent activities are suspected or uncovered;
- Maintain a strategic plan which will indicate the trends and requirements of the school's development plans.
- Present timely and fully costed proposals, recommendations and bids to governors.
- Take responsibility for the effective management of financial administration procedures, including compliance with financial regulations, under the direction of the Trust Finance Manager.
- Oversee and ensure the proper collection, reconciliation and banking of any monies received by the school.
- Ensure all expenditure is correctly coded to ensure maximum use of all budgets and grants.
- Ensure debtor invoices for income to the hub schools are raised and monitored for payment.
To work in collaboration with the central Finance team and staff colleagues across the designated geographical hub to develop and maintain cohesive finance administration and management systems which will support and enable Trust schools to deliver and sustain educational excellence.
The ideal candidate Profile:
- Recognised management/business degree or equivalent related professional qualification
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Able to deliver services and systems applicable for effective school management and also able to deliver value for money initiatives.
- Able to lead teams and individuals.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including influencing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels and explain financial information to non-finance staff and governors
Salary & Benefits
Role of Finance Manager is paying up to 29k plus excellent benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420