£60,000.00 - £70,000.00 / annum
17th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Financial Controller - Babraham
Robert Half Cambridge are currently working with an International Bio-Tech business who are recruiting for a Financial Controller to join their finance team based in Babraham
Overview of role
Day to day duties of The Financial Controller will include but not be limited to:
- Lead the budget setting process, financial planning and forecasting across the organisation by providing insightful accurate information, up to data analyses, and data that tracks financial risk.
- Produce and present timely financial management information. This will include close liaison with the budget holders and information providers, preparing reports and providing supplementary analysis for any arising key issues.
- Discuss and manage changes in the finance system, processes and reporting requirements
- Evaluate the overall effective and efficient use of funding received, identifying and developing approaches for optimising value for money.
- Work with head office to ensure effective financial controls and appropriate policies and practices are followed.
- Participate in and manage negotiations with external stakeholders, partners and funders on financial matters as required e.g. shared costs, service and facility costs, income and expenditure, influencing their approach and securing agreement.
- Review contracts and understand the financial elements of the commitments
- Ad hoc projects
The ideal candidate Profile:
- A qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Team management experience
- Experience of working within a research or academic environment would be an advantage
Salary & Benefits
Role of Financial Controller is paying up to 70k plus excellent benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420