GBP40000 - 50000 / annum
2nd October 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are partnering on an exclusive basis with Switch Rentals ltd. We are recruiting for a Financial Controller to join the business, this will be a key role in the start-up phase of the company.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller is a key role in this start up B2C business which requires a hands-on self-starter approach.
You will have successfully owned all of the financials, been responsible for producing timely and accurate monthly management accounts along with month end procedures, financial analysis and reporting, supporting management in driving business performance and improving processes and finance systems.
You will take responsibility for the financial control of the business heading up the day to day activities of the finance function. You will also be required to work closely with key investors and stakeholders both internally and externally.
You must be a qualified accountant with proven experience as a Financial Controller. Additionally, you must be able to demonstrate a strong academic background and experience of working in a start-up or SME business would be an advantage.
- Continually champion and promote the company's values and mission and demonstrate by behaviours and examples, a steadfast commitment to the delivery of our customer charter
- Fully qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with a least 2 years post qualification experience
- Take full ownership of the company's finance function
- Ensure effective and efficient financial controls are in place
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Responsible for all FP&A activities, including budgets, forecasts and financial planning
- Responsible for producing the company's month end management accounts
- Prepare and report on monthly financial performance providing commentary and explaining variances and key metrics, to include:
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow
- Bad Debts
- Timely and accurate completion of VAT returns and statutory financial statements
- Maintain purchase order system and appropriate sign-off procedures and ensure spend is maintained within budgetary limits
- Ensure supplier invoices are paid in line with agreed terms
- Maintain the integrity of the company's finance system and ensure all financial records are correctly captured and reconciled
- Manage the company's banking relationships
- Manage and own the relationship with external auditors
- Sharp eye and attention to detail continually seeking ways to improve process and controls
- Continually update technical skills and knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people manager who can evidence development of staff
- Confidence to challenge the senior management team whilst maintaining a positive working relationship
Package: £40,000 - £50,000 + benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
CF10 3AG 02920 557 300