IT Project Manager
GBP40000 - 45000 / annum
18th April 2019
Robert Half Technology are currently recruiting for an IT Project Manager to join a client of ours in West Wiltshire. The IT Project Manager is a hybrid role comprising approx. 50% Project Management and 50% Business Systems Analysis. This role is for a multi-site, multi- brand group of companies that have started streamlining IT process across all brands and sites. The projects you'll be getting involved in include but are not exclusive to the roll out of Microsoft O365 (SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams) and delivery of a Group wide Sales and Financial reporting solution.
Main Responsibilities of the IT Project Manager:
- Planning and project managing a roadmap of future projects to continue the consolidation and improvement of IT systems across the Group.
- Carry out Business / Systems Analysis to understand and document business requirements and become the technical expert for specific IT systems as part of their implementation.
- Ensuring documentation for use and maintenance of systems is produced and maintained.
- Working closing with the business and wider team to improve existing and new systems once implemented.
- Managing a small team of internal resources and liaising with external partners, the role requires a strong character who will take ownership, communicate effectively with all levels of staff and maintain focus on strategic IT goals.
- Acting as a champion in the use of IT systems to bring positive change to the business, the role requires a hands-on approach with a can-do attitude in order to maintain project momentum on the end goal within a busy organisation.
Key skills required of the IT Project Manager:
- Demonstrable experience of leading the implementation of IT systems into multi-site organisations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills through written and verbal communication
- Strong understanding of the principles of project management and project life cycle in an IT environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills having implemented O365 into a medium sized multi-site organisation
- Work sensitively with others and share openly information and knowledge with the appropriate people at the right time
- Project focused and goal orientated with keen attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Ability to work as part of an effective and skilled team of technical and functional resources
- Education to degree level or equivalent in business systems, computer science or similar
- Project Management qualification such as Prince2
- Microsoft Certified Professional in at least two of the following areas:
- Windows Server / Windows 10
- Active Directory
- Other specialisms considered
Salary and benefits on offer to the IT Project Manager include:
This role is paying around £40,000 per annum dependant on experience with a competitive benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
SwindonSuite B, Ground Flr,
The Stella Building,
Whitehill Way, Swindon
gb 01793 571900