£40,000.00 - £44,000.00 / annum
Bristol City Centre
3rd June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with Rowan Dartington, a high growth business that forms part of St James Place, a FTSE100 Wealth Management Company. To be based in Bristol, Rowan Dartington are looking to recruit a progressive, qualified finance candidate to be part of their dynamic team in a broad Management Accountant role.
Reporting into the Financial Controller this broad role will cover technical accounting and reporting activities, combined with commercial business partnering
- Prepare monthly management accounts covering balance sheet, P&L and key performance indicators.
- Cost management - responsible for business partnering to ensure appropriate management of costs, understanding of key variances to budget, and continually updating cost outlook.
- Income trend analysis - responsible for creating a new reporting suite around income trends and an in depth understanding of the accounting postings to support business queries.
- Planning and budgeting - involvement in planning and budget process, including stress and scenario testing.
- Provide guidance on adoption of new accounting policies and technical accounting queries.
- Own fixed asset, prepayment and accrual accounting, and other technical accounting adjustments.
- Own payroll processing and associated reporting.
- Prepare statutory accounts for all legal entities and act as key liaison with external auditors to ensure a smooth year-end audit process.
- Prepare and submit relevant regulatory reporting returns (FCA, HMRC) and act as key subject matter expert on any new reporting requirements that arise.
Personal Profile Knowledge and Skills:
This role would suit a newly qualified candidate looking for their first move out of practice and into industry or a candidate in industry with 2-5 years of financial / management accounts experience or similar within a Finance team.
Excellent analytical and communication skills. Strong Excel skills desirable.
Strong technical accounting skills.
Ability to work independently and take initiative.
Knowledge of general ledger systems and/or other accounting systems (e.g. Sage) preferable.
£38k - £44k basic salary
25 days' holiday
10% pension (paid by RD, no employee contributions required)
Bonus opportunity of 10%
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Robert Half and ask to speak to Oliver Price on 01179 935400, alternatively apply to this advert with your cv.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400