GBP45000 - 55000 / annum
City of London
14th May 2019
Network Engineer - Central London
We are a Fortune 100 global leader commodity fuel sector. We have revenues in excess of $30 Billion, a global footprint of 48 office locations serving over 200 countries and territories, and over 4700 employees based in 25 countries.
Our IT Team in London manage our Infrastructure spreading across the EMEA region. As an organisation, we acquire on average 2 -3 businesses a year which will lead to a lot of project planning, management, and infrastructure integrations. With that in mind, we are looking for a Network Engineer to join our growing IT team on a permanent basis.
The Network Analyst is accountable for ensuring that the organisation's network infrastructure is performant, scalable, resilient and fit for business needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Network enthusiast who likes to get involved with companywide infrastructure incentives with opportunities for future progression!
The job has four primary elements:
- 2nd and 3rd line support of the corporate network infrastructure
- Assisting with project delivery based on the ongoing portfolio.
- Ensuring that systems remain sustainable through lifecycle management and software updates.
- Research emerging technologies to ensure that strategic requirements are supported by appropriate technologies.
Some of the Responsibilities:
- Monitor network and security infrastructure components to ensure they are running at optimal levels
- Troubleshoot issues and failures, to maintain a high level of systems availability.
- Ensure disruptions to services are kept to a minimum. All changes need to be well planned, communicated with appropriate notice and authorised through correct channels.
- Assist or lead the research, procurement, testing, implementation, and support of both business and infrastructure IS projects, working with internal and external resources as necessary.
- Ensure relevant projects or portions of are delivered within agreed Time/Cost/Quality constraints.
- Evaluate project solutions to ensure they fit into the IS strategy, are cost-effective, have a valid security model and do not compromise the integrity of other IS systems.
- Create and maintain project plans, budgets and highlight reports for technical projects under own control
Required Skills Experiences
- 5+ years' + experience of supporting and administering a security and networking LAN & WAN infrastructure
- CCNP or equivalent working experience
- Switching/ Routing
- Firewall config/ admin
- Cisco product range
- Assisted with strategy/ design of a Network environment
- Network implementation experience
We have recently moved to a brand new state of the art office in Central London
£45,000 - £55,000 + Excellent Bonus & Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900