£45,000.00 - £50,000.00 / annum
3rd September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are actively seeking an ambitious qualified accountant to join an exciting and expanding financial services company in Southampton. The role offers a brilliant opportunity in a fast-paced and driven accounts team.
The Lease Accountant will be responsible for supporting external client portfolios, ensuring controls are maintained and customer deadlines are meet without exception. The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Analytical review of lease portfolio movements, providing insight into movements
- Preparation of monthly reports as required by the client, ensuring SLA deadlines are met
- Preparation of month end accruals and associated journals
- Compilation of Local GAAP accounts
- Preparation of multi-currency balance sheet reconciliations
- Ownership of system controls relating to the month end close processes
- Preparing periodic routine and ad hoc reports
Work closely with the Cash Processors to ensure cash entries have been recorded correctly and accurate and up to date client cash books are maintained.
- Prior experience of working within a financial services environment or undertaking a finance-based study course
- Previous lease accounting and/or invoice discounting experience
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to analyse large volumes of data
- Effective communication skills for face to face, telephone and written communication
- Strong IT skills, particularly with spreadsheets
- Proven track record of identifying and leading process improvement initiatives to benefit finance and business operations
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy
- An inquisitive mind and the confidence to ask questions to develop knowledge and understanding
- Flexible working approach and the ability to commit to extended hours if required to at short notice
- Experience of using account software including Coda Financials
- Previous Experience of working in a fast-paced changing environment
- Previous experience with new systems implementations
- Be comfortable leading and training others and working from their own initiative
The company is a market leader in their field and FTSE 250. The candidate will be reporting directly into the Group Financial controller, so this is a great opportunity to learn and progress.
There are also definite progression possibilities within this ever-growing company.
The offices are modern, friendly and central, offering a brilliant working environment right on the outskirts of Southampton.
Salary & Benefits
The benefits are:
- 22/27 days holiday depending upon the role.
- Up to 6% Employer pension contribution
- PR, this year all employees received £1,300
- Share save scheme
- Buy and sell of holidays
- Social events - Christmas party, team events etc
- Full funding for training relevant for the role and business.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
SouthamptonUBC, Enterprise House
Ocean Village, Southampton
gb 02380 224 562