Service Charge Accountant
GBP30000 - 38000 / annum
City of London
8th March 2018
Robert Half Financial Services are recruiting a Service Charge Accountant for a leading real estate investment management firm based in the City of London.
About the role
Robert Half Financial Services are recruiting a Service Charge Accountant for a leading real estate investment management firm based in the City of London. The role will include:
- Process all service charge invoices.
- ensure they are signed and agree back to the budget.
- Take full responsibility of ensuring all payments are made for invoices and on time.
- Prepare Service Charge accounts up to trial balance/ETB in accordance with current legislation and industry body requirements.
- Undergoing bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing accruals and prepayments and posting journals.
- Raise all service charge demands on a monthly/ quarterly basis and ensure they are correct and match the budget.
- Ensure the demands raised are collected and work with the property managers to resolve any arrears.
- Upload/ enter all budgets onto the software package when required.
- Challenge any invoices which are not within the budget.
- Produce monthly/ quarterly reports for actual v budget and cash statuses.
- Plan, co-ordinate and conclude annual service charge accounts process including calculating all accruals and prepayments.Be the main point of contact during the audit process, and ensure the process is completed within the internal deadlines set by the Company.
- Updating the accounting software package to the signed off reports and raising balancing service charges.
- Prepare service charge reports on a regular basis and ensure there is regular contact with the property managers to go through figures and identify variances against budget.
- Help to maintain a summary for KPI's relevant to the Company's service charge process, including income, costs, debt collect duties and arrears.
- Produce relevant reports for management of the statuses for all service charge statuses.
About the firm
Robert Half Financial Services are recruiting a Service Charge Accountant for a leading real estate investment management firm based in the City of London, with at least 3 year's service charge experience working within the property sector, who will be responsible for all service charge accounting duties for a wide property portfolio for the business. This property investment management firm has been independent for 8 years. This boutique organisation specialise on management large portfolios of properties.
The successful Service Charge Accountant for this Leading real estate investment management firm based in the City of London will have at least 2 year's service charge experience working within the property sector.
Package on offer
The package on offer for this Service Charge Accountant based in the City of London:
- Disc bonus
- Great work life balance
- Bupa health care
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement