Software Developer - Counter-Terrorism/Extremism
GBP35000 - 50000 / annum
City of London
March 6, 2018
Are you a Software Developer looking to work in the Counter Terror industry?
Robert Half Technology are currently working with a Counter-Terrorism/Extremism business in the City of London. A fast paced start-up looking for two Software Developers to help expand their operations and take their capabilities to the next level. The company is based here in the City of London but their operations reach across the globe helping to counter violent extremism and terror.
They are looking for Junior-Mid Level Software Developers who can contribute not only to the ongoing development of in-house data gathering, and mining through external APIs, but also to work on creating new modules as additional projects go live. A Software Developer who has had experience programming in Python is preferred but other high level programming languages will be considered such as Go etc. Back-end programming experience is required, as the role will initially focus heavily on Data processing and API connectivity.
Have you been looking to program with GO but not yet had the chance to use it commercially? Well this will also be a fantastic opportunity for you as the Lead developer is willing to provide some training on this! If you are looking to make a real difference in the world and to the company you work for then please apply below to find out more!
- Python (Other High-Level programming languages will be considered)
- MySQL (or other relational databases)
- Experience building crawlers
- Experience using APIs
- Experience deploying software applications in a Linux Environment
- GO (Chance to be trained in this)
- A degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Google AdWords
- Language skills (Arabic, French and German particularly relevant).
- Experience working with a company where security threats are common and risks must be managed carefully.
- Private health care package, including coverage for partners and children
- 30 days paid leave
- Individually-tailored training and skills development package
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement