GBP30000 - 65000 / annum
1st April 2019
Robert Half Technology are recruiting for a Test Engineer with a highly sought-after, innovative and dynamic technology organisation based in Whiteley.
The Role We are looking for an experienced Performance Test engineer to help deliver a large-scale systems integration project. You will be working with and be an integral part of the Performance Testing team.
You will be working with with customers, suppliers and internal colleagues to plan and manage the design, creation and execution of Performance tests.
This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical infrastructure.
- Analyse capacity and performance requirements & design documents and seek clarification where appropriate to identify full scope of Performance testing.
- Analyse capacity requirements and work with supplies and customers to identify a realistic load profile for use in testing.
- Identify tools and methods for load generation including bespoke and data.
- Identify tools and methods for recording and analysing response times to provide statistically significant results.
- Work within the leadership team to manage the delivery of services on the programme including addressing issues, resourcing, planning and reporting.
- Plan, prepare and execute Performance Test Cases.
- Interim ad-hoc performance testing and investigation including 'what-if' analysis.
- Create, review and optimise Testing Processes.
- Document test results and defects
- Produce Test Reports and report on interim progress.
- 5 years' test experience (or 4 years' experience with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing), 2 of which in performance testing roles.
- Excellent understanding of performance and load testing.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing.
- Demonstrable Performance Testing experience including virtualised infrastructure.
- Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing projects.
- Able to understand existing Test Process and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate with technical non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues across interfaces;
Salary & Benefits
The Test Engineer will be offered the market rate salary depending on skill sets and experience levels.
For more information please apply or contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400