Finance and Office Assistant
GBP18000 - 21000 / annum
9th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently looking to recruit a Finance and Office Assistant to join an established SME Manufacturing/Supply business who are seeking a candidate to join them on a permanent basis. My client is based in Glastonbury and is offering a competitive package for the right person:
Finance and Office Assistant
£18,000 - £21,000 per annum plus free parking, flexible working, laid back team
Hours: 8.30am - 5pm Monday - Friday with flexibility (part time hours will be considered)
About our client:
Robert Half are working with a small Manufacturing/Supply business based in the Glastonbury area who are currently seeking a hands-on Finance and Office Assistant to join their team. The role will be reporting into the Director and external Accountant and will be perfect for someone who wants a local opportunity, with an SME, with friendly people and have a high level of autonomy. Please note that you will be based in a small office of two so may be left to work autonomously for long periods of time, so a proactive and self-motivated person would suit this environment well.
- Posting of purchase & customer invoices onto the Sage system.
- Managing & processing customer & supplier orders by email & telephone.
- Advise customer on suitable equipment where possible.
- Prepare customer orders & process collections.
- Daily bank account checking & making payments to suppliers ensuring they are paid on time.
- Filing of the sales list when required & completing the company VAT for each quarter, submitting additional information to HMRC when required for compliance checks.
- Issue statements of accounts to customers & follow up any overdue invoices.
- Reporting to the Director with updates on the business including an outstanding debt.
- Answering general customer enquiries over the phone and by email
- Experience of working within a purchase ledger/finance assistant role
- AAT qualification preferred but not essential
- Experience of working in a similar environment and will be happy working in an SME
- Collaborative and honest approach
- Confident on Excel and ideally SAGE
- Experience of working in a standalone role would be preferred and an understanding/appreciation of an SME/family run business set up
- Team player, self-motivated, excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Flexible working (part time may be considered) and ad hoc working from home opportunities
- Pension scheme, life insurance
- Free parking
- Working in a family-run SME, passionate and friendly colleagues and management
Please don't delay in applying because interviews will be held w/k 15th April. Please contact Mia Collett on 0117 9935400 and/or apply to this role. For further information, please all me on 0117 9935400 or email Mia Collett.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400