£30,000.00 - £32,000.00 / annum
7th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Commercial Finance Analyst £30,000 £32,000 + study
Commercial Finance Analyst
An extremely exciting Commercial Finance Analyst opportunity has become available within a brand-new business based in Gloucester. This innovative and dynamic company boasts a relaxed, modern and mature approach to work - keeping work-life balance and autonomy at the forefront of their culture. They are keen to find ambitious and forward-thinking individuals that want to add value and have a direct impact on the business's success.
Due to this role being within a brand-new business, you will be trusted to build and shape exactly how they operate. The industry is incredibly complex, and therefore are looking for a skilled and analytical financially minded analyst to focus on commercial costs, ensuring they have full awareness of historical, current and future costs.
In the role, you will develop robust mechanisms in verifying industry costs, as well as developing cost stack and profitability models that aid financial reporting and analysis, working with financial functions, traders, and data scientists with some cutting-edge technology. Utilising these models to then develop better products for our customers also then becomes a key part of the role.
- Verify all industry costs and invoices relating to the industry (DUoS, TNUoS, RO, CfD, CM etc), and develop mechanisms to do this
- Managing trade lifecycle processes, including confirmations and cyclic processes
- Developing tools and managing credit for industry costs, including TNUoS, CfD, CM, Wholesale.
- Assist in production of monthly reporting and financial analysis
- Conduct variance analysis on industry costs and customer billing
- Develop forecasting methodologies for industry costs
- Conduct granular analysis on P&L of the utility portfolio, creating actionable insight.
- Support commercial models for business activities.
- Experience of using management accounts, and P&L models
- Experience using SQL or other coding languages
- Strong Excel skillset
- Excellent and straightforward communication skills, both verbally and written
- Proven ability to adapt to a changing and sometimes challenging environment
- Very strong organisation skills and the ability to work autonomously
- £30,000 - £32,000
- Study support
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400