£25,000.00 - £32,000.00 / annum
17th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are exclusively partnering with a well established business in Guildford to bring on an Assistant Management Accountant to support within the FP&A team. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and collaborative department who always have the needs of their customers at the heart of everything they do.
- Working within the FP&A team to provide reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis.
- Prepare and post necessary accruals, prepayments and adjustments to ensure all income and costs are correctly accounted for in the monthly accounts.
- Run month end, forecast and planning reports including the distribution to key internal customers including budget holders and executive board members.
- Post agreed forecast and budgets into finance systems ensuring accuracy supported by the undertaking of reconciliations.
- Support the team with ad-hoc analysis and data collation to assist with business cases, investment requests, continuous improvement opportunities, value for money initiatives, and external returns.
- Be an active member of the finance team, educating non-finance staff in finance processes giving support, training and advice.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of balance sheet reconciliations for their assigned areas.
The successful candidate will have:
- Build excellent working relationships and partnerships with business areas.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the role, which may include broader sector/commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of the systems/services for own area, across functions and their relationships.
- Studying a relevant accounting qualification.
You should have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and be able to use your own initiative when faced with issues. This would be ideal for a candidate who is looking to get the next step up in their career and join a fun and sociable team.
This company's ethos is based upon a belief that everyone can make a different to the world through free-thinking and hard work. They are ambitious and always striving for more and they know the value of every single one of their employees.
Salary & Benefits
£25,000 - £32,000 + Study Support +25 days holiday + Season ticket loan
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
2 Denmark Road,
gb 01483 409 750