GBP10 - 13 / hour
10th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a legal cashier for a large multi-site law firm in their Guildford office. Initially covering a short term staff shortage, this legal cashier role offers the potential to go long term for the right candidate.
- To support the operation of the firms accounting system and Payroll.
- To ensure that all banking is done daily as directed.
- To ensure that all receipts and payments are posted on correct accounts daily and Client account is never allowed to overdraw.
- To enter postings to the accounts system on a daily basis.
- Process bills on to the accounts system
- Preparing bank reconciliations daily
- Preparing full bank reconciliation monthly
- Process daily transfers from client to office
- To execute all bank payments via CHAPs, BACS, etc.
- Client residual balances
- Maintain purchase ledger
- To ensure that all authorised invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Dealing with fee earner enquiries promptly and completely
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- To support the operation of the departments credit control system.
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with SARs and HMRC regulations
The successful candidate will have at least 1 year experience in a similar role and be able to hit the ground running in a busy finance function. They will be gregarious and have a can-do attitude.
Our client is a large and well known law firm with multiple sites across the south and London. They have a busy finance function catering for all manner of clients. They have a friendly and welcoming team of approximately 5 people in finance.
Salary and Benefits
£10-13 per hour, onsite parking.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
2 Denmark Road,
gb 01483 409 750