£23,000.00 - £27,000.00 / annum
5th November 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are excited to be working with a large Manufacturing business within Hatfield.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the role of Credit Controller is to ensure prompt payment against invoices issued by the company for goods supplied under the agreed payment terms.
The right candidate must be able to recognise goodwill and continuity of customers when chasing debt to encourage repeat sales. Being able to engage with the customer and build a rapport is an essential skill required for this position.
- Release of goods based on terms and status of customer account
- Chasing late payers via telephone and/or e-mail
- Keeping bad debts under control and taking correct measures, should a situation arise.
- Keep debts over 30 days under 2% in line with the company's KPI's
- Liaise with solicitors regarding any legal action that may arise and follow up until resolution
- Prepare schedule of posting cash and keeping customer account up to date enabling releases
- Deal with and resolve queries in a timely manner using our dedicated query system
- Credit applications and credit checks. The company uses Euler for credit risk.
- Customer account set-up in compliance with regulations and keeping the accounts maintained and up to date.
- Send out copy invoices to customers and deal with any situation that arises
- Discussion and cooperation with Sales Manager, Area Sales Managers and with other departments. This position also requires increased involvement with our subsidiary company.
- Reports to the Management Team and Auditors when requested
- Keeping up with all IT advancements relevant to your job.
- Filing and record keeping
- Other ad-hoc duties as deemed necessary
Working Hours: Full time Monday - Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
Benefits: Company pension scheme, 20 days holidays plus bank holidays
Salary negotiable depending on experience up to 27k
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420