21st August 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are actively seeking an ambitious Cash Accounting Assistant to join an exciting and expanding financial services company in Southampton. The role offers a brilliant opportunity in a fast-paced and driven accounts team. This business is rapidly growing and requires someone who wants to learn and progress with them.
You will be part of the local finance team.
The role will be a busy and varied role supporting internal and external clients, reporting to the Reporting Manager.
- Run daily bank statements for multiple clients from various portals
- Maintenance of external client cash books
- Allocating cash on the finance system and to bank statements
- Maintain and monitor unallocated cash listing, ensuring timely resolution of unallocated items
- Interact with credit controllers on a regular basis for remittance information
- Save notifications to relevant shared areas on a daily-basis for credit control
- Perform tasks to facilitate month end process for the finance System of a major external client, including running of reports within specified time frame.
- Support Accountants and team with any cash related queries
The ideal candidate:
- Good numeracy skills
- Effective communication skills for face to face, telephone and written communication
- Good IT skills, particularly with spreadsheets
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy to meet external and internal client deadlines
- An inquisitive mind and the confidence to ask questions to develop knowledge and understanding
- Flexible working approach
- Previous experience in dealing with multiple currency ledgers
- Ability to use own initiative to investigate and resolve reconciling items
- Experience of using account software
- Previous Experience of working in a fast-paced changing environment
- Prior experience of working within a financial services environment
The company is a market leader in their field. The candidate will be reporting directly into the Reporting Manager, so this is a great opportunity to learn and progress.
There are also definite progression possibilities within this ever-growing company once you have settled into the role.
Salary and Benefits
- Circa £25,000
- 40 hour weeks
- Annual Bonus
- Free parking on site
- 24 holidays days a year plus bank holidays
- Further study support
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
SouthamptonUBC, Enterprise House
Ocean Village, Southampton
gb 02380 224 562